As a skilled artisan, your business is based upon quality work. Don't let the things you can't control take it all away. With BBIS Contractors insurance in California, you'll know that you, your tools and your work can be protected by a policy, crafted just for you.
If you need quick response in order to qualify for new jobs. Our Contractors insurance makes sure that you get Quick Issue Certificates of Insurance when you need them! We make sure you have Instant Online No Cost Bid Bonds with Contractors Performance Bond Purchase.
Instant Online Contractors License Bonds, when you need it! Electronically filed with License Board
Because we offer many company choices, BBIS Contractors insurance may cost much less than you think. With only the parts you truly need, BBIS Contractors insurance gets you what you need, when you need it.
BBIS Contractors’ coverage in California can include the following protection:
- General Liability
- Instant Online Contractors Bonds (Issued Electronically with the Contractors Board)
- Bid and Performance Bonds
- Payment Bonds
- Business Property
- Commercial Auto
- Pay as you Go Worker's Comp
- Tool Coverage Endorsement
- Faulty Workmanship Endorsement
- Occurrence Form CG 00 01 (12/07)
- Prior Work Buyback Available
- Additional Insured Form (CG 20 37) (07/04)
BBIS Contractors Insurance is available to the following classes below:
If you don’t see your class, it doesn’t mean we don’t insure it…call us first, whatever you do at (888) 923 6828. Also, many of our Contractor bonds allow us to give you a discount on your general liability insurance… Let’s talk! (888) 923 6828
- 91111 Air Conditioning - Air conditioning systems or equipment installation, service or repair including dealers. If heating work also use 95647.
- 91150 Appliance Installation - Commercial No residential work, apartment work ok.
- 91155 Appliance Installation - Household (residential) Installation, service and repair of household appliances & accessories. No commercial appliances.
- 91340 Carpentry - Residential Includes structural and non-structural remodeling and repair. Examples: Kitchen & bathroom remodeling & decking. Work also may include adding square footage such as a second story or room additions. Exterior framing work as a subcontractor not allowed. No exterior work over 3 stories. No stand-alone roofing or a roofing license is allowed. Incidental roofing work allowed in conjunction with a remodeling project.
- 91341 Carpentry - Interior Finish carpentry, includes woodwork, trim, countertop (no tile), wooden doors, cabinet installation and shelving. No General Contracting or interior room remodel (use 91340). No exterior framing work as a subcontractor.
- 91342 Carpentry - Commercial Includes commercial tenants’ improvements & betterments, repair & replacement. No exterior work on buildings exceeding 3 stories. A roofing license is not allowed, no stand-alone roofing. Incidental roofing work allowed in conjunction with a remodeling project.
- 91344 Carpentry - Handyman Service and repair work only. Maximum $2,500 per job if licensed and $500 per job if not licensed. If Residential Remodel use 91340. If Commercial Remodel use 91342.
- 91405 Carpet - Upholstery Cleaning Work on customer premises only, no shop exposure. Only 100% Service/Repair and/or Commercial risks permitted in this class.
- 91436 Ceiling/Wall Installation - Metal Ceiling or wall installation - metal or acoustic.
- 91551 Communication Equipment Installation Wiring, cables & circuits for telephone and communications equipment operating at 91560 Concrete Construction Includes pouring, placing & finishing concrete. Patios, pads, walkways, mow strips, driveways. Room addition foundations are acceptable as a sub-contractor or the General Contractor. Commercial foundations are acceptable. No residential foundation work on New Homes. No exterior work on buildings exceeding 3 stories in height. No pool construction. No public street, road or highway work.
- 91577 Conduit Construction - Cable/Wire Installation of communication or electrical encasement. Max. depth 12 feet. No horizontal drilling or boring. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 91629 Debris Removal - Construction Site This classification applies to those risks solely engaged in the removal of debris in connection with construction or erection. No roof tear-off or soft demo. No janitorial work. No salvage operations. No Asbestos Removal.
- 91746 Door/Millwork Installation - Metal Garage door work ok. No window work.
- 92102 Drilling - Water Private water drilling with limited agricultural exposure. No water quality testing or municipal work. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 92215 Driveway/Sidewalk Paving - Includes asphalt or paver installation, parking lots, private roads & commercial or residential driveways or sidewalks. No Public street, road or highway work. No grading or excavation other than incidental to paving (use those specific classes if not incidental).
- 92338 Drywall Residential service, repair or remodeling only. New commercial OK. No insulation work.
- 92478 Electrical - Within Buildings Includes incidental outside work. No power line construction or pole work. No burglar or fire alarm system, generator, electrical machinery or auxiliary apparatus work. No work over 480 volts.
- 94007 Excavation No Public street, road, highway, agricultural or building demolition other than outbuildings. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class. Max. depth 12 ft.
- 94276 Fence Erection Applies to risks that install or erect fences - metal or wood. Includes wooden or metal mailbox installation and real estate sign installation. No sound barrier fencing. No child-safety fences or electrically charged fencing. Automated gates acceptable.
- 94569 Floor Covering - No Tile No wholesalers or retail dealers. Installation of carpeting, laminate and hardwood flooring. - Ceramic tile, stone, marble or terrazzo work should be separately classified as Tile - 99746.
- 95410 Grading Snow removal ok (attach form CG2292). No public street, road or highway work. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 95647 Heat/AC NO LPG Sales, installation, service or repair of heating or combined heating and air conditioning systems or equipment. Incidental LPG equipment sales or work allowed, up to 5% of receipts.
- 96053 House Furnishing Installation Residential or Commercial. Includes installation of pictures, mirrors, window treatments and closet organizers. No furniture repair or moving services. For residential appliance installation see 91155.
- 96816 Janitorial – COMMERCIAL OFFICES ONLY – No residential exposures, model homes, retail work or sales of chemicals or cleaning supplies. No work in banks, medical or dental offices. Only 100% Service/Repair and/or Commercial risks permitted in this class.
- 97047 Landscaping Gardening Basic landscape/lawn care service, maintenance and gardening - mowing, mulching, planting &/or installation. Over-the-counter fertilizer/weed control ok. Lawn sprinkler installation ok. Tree trimming from ground level allowed if incidental to other landscaping operations.
- 97447 Masonry Includes cutting & laying of bricks, block, stone and other unit masonry or clay product and mortar work. Retaining walls over 6 feet not allowed BUT perimeter wall over 6 feet ok. No street, road or highway walls or work. No exterior work on buildings exceeding 3 stories or cast-in-place concrete work. No fireplace or chimney work allowed.
- 97650 Metal Erection - Decorative - Interior work only, non-structural, office partitions or work stations. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only. Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 98304 Paint Exterior (3 stories & Under) Buildings & appurtenant structures only, including walkways/fences, surface preparation and faux/texture painting. No waterproofing of foundations or exterior of buildings. No exterior work on buildings exceeding 3 stories or roof painting. No work on tanks, streets, roads or bridges.
- 98305 Paint Interior No exterior work. No waterproofing of foundations or exterior of buildings. (Bathtub refinish ok).
- 98344 Paperhanging Includes surface preparation, covering walls and ceilings with wallpaper, fabric, vinyl or other wall coverings.
- 98502 Prefabricated Building Erection Intended for light, non-habitational service or outbuildings. No commercial retail usage. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 98636 Refrigeration Equipment Installation/Service Installation, service and repair of commercial refrigeration systems. No wholesale cold storage, manufacturing or food processing plants. Incidental LPG work ok (up to 15% of annual receipts).
- 98805 Septic Tank Cleaning No RV work. No work below 12 feet. Cleaning of restaurant grease traps ok. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 98806 Septic Tank Installation No RV, blasting or work below 12 feet. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 98820 Sewer Mains Construction No work below 12 feet. No blasting. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.
- 98967 Siding and Gutter Installation Installation includes soffit/fascia and decorative shutters. No new residential work. No spray on siding/roofing/roof flashings or work on buildings exceeding 3 stories. No EIFS Work. Only 100% Service/Repair and/or Commercial risks permitted in this class.
- 99004 Sign Painting No sign erection or work over 2 stories. Only 100% Service/Repair and/or Commercial risks permitted in this class.
- 99650 Satellite Dish Installation Service or repair – No work on buildings exceeding 3 stories in height.
- 99746 Tile/Stone Installation Tile, stone, marble, mosaic or terrazzo work – Installation and repair of these materials to floors, walls or counter-tops. No swimming pool work or roofing operations.
- 99946 Water Mains Construction No work below 12 feet. No blasting. Service & Repair and/or Commercial Only Premium Credit NOT available for this class.